Monday, December 04, 2006

Luggage Found!

YAY!!! So good news: got my luggag back!! bad news: its SMELLS!!!! and it think they dragged it behind the plane into Baghdad. I dont htink anything is ruined but we'll see if the smell comes out of the clothes in the wash.

We finally left the IZ yesterday and went to our first meeting in Baghdad. 6 PSDs for the 2 of us and 2 of them came into the building/meeting with us. The whole operation went like clockwork and there were no incidents. Didn't get to see too much of Baghdad because they had us in a car w/ screens but it was nice to get out from behind the blast walls for a day. After that meeting we headed out to Camp Victory at the BIAP to go to the big PX and then to go to the lost luggage place at the airport. I walked in to that room and just started laughing. Rows and rows of luggage piled at least 18 feet high. Then on the desk are 3-4 ledgers - hand written. I knew they would never find the tag number so I wandered around and found it!!! YAY!! Then one of the PSDs slipped the guy some money & we avoided customs. Gotta love this place!! That part of our trip was uneventful as well. Anway - nothing else to report. We have no other scheduled trips out of the IZ right now so don't stress about that.

I'll keep you all posted. Miss you MUCH!!

3 comments:

Iam Who Iam said...

Holy Moldy

This is awesome

But remember you should not only wear clean underwear, but you should now you know to pack it clean.

Life's Lessons are hard sometimes

Robinita said...

YAY! I can't believe it only took a month for your luggage to get to you-- ridiculous and hilarious all at once!

Miss you!!

Anonymous said...

FROM JADA:

Dear Courtney,
I miss you. I want your dog to come visit my house with you. And I want you to be waiting at your front door and I want to come visit you.

See you soon!!