Friday, May 04, 2007

Lake Dokan, Kurdistan


So we have finally returned from Lake Dokan up in Kurdistan - just like the last time we got stuck up there for extra days - this time only 4 extra days, last time it was 8. The first picture is the view from my hotel room in Lake Dokan - not bad huh?! Next is Robin & I on our boat ride in Lake Dokan, followed by a pic from that trip. The last pic is a sunset view from where we ate dinner one night. After leaving Dokan we spent 12 hours in the Sulaiymania airport inclusive of a 1 hour round trip flight to Baghdad and back - sandstorms in Baghdad so we couldn't land. AWFUL. We ended up driving around Kurdistan for a few days trying to find a hotel to stay in that would both me our standards and those of our security. Just our luck there was a HUGE conference going on in Erbil so most of the hotels were booked solid!!! We did not sleep in the car but I really thought it might come to that!
We are still super busy and I am still trying to get back in the swing of things - being on vacation and then this extended trip to Kurdistan has me feeling out of the loop a bit but I'm sure it won't take long for me to get back into it. Miss you all HEAPS!!!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Iam Who Iam said...

And you call this work?