Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Oops...


My Second post with pictures didn't make it for some reason. These are more pics from my bus tour of Dubai. The construction/development there is going MAD!! Apparantly they are going to run out of oil in the next 10 years so they are trying to really ramp up the tourism industry there. The first pic is of what is going to be the world's tallest building. They are also builidng the world's biggest mall and the world's biggest airport. The next is just a funky building. THe third is the Twin Towers of Dubai - one is a hotel/apartments and the other is an office building. The last picture is of the beautiful flowers that lined the streets. The city was gorgeous and SOOO clean - very different from the other Middle Eastern cities that I have visited.

I'm glad to be back in Baghdad - I missed it here and I missed Robin and Spence (yes I know you all think I'm crazy for missing Baghdad!). Such an amazing job we are doing and it is so nice to finally be doing a job that I love AND a job that is actually making a difference in some people's lives.
I miss you all HEAPS!!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: