Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Photos # 2 (the missing post from my Dubai pics!)


The first picture is the construction of what will be the world's TALLEST building. Apparantly, Dubai or the UAE, is going to run out of oil in the next 10 years so they are really ramping up the tourist industry there and are going developing crazy. They are buildilng the world's tallest building, the world's biggest mall and the world's biggest airport. Approximately 60% of the world's cranes are in Dubai (or some other large percentage). Its crazy! The next pic is the twin towers of Dubai. The third picture is just some of the beautiful flowers that they had lining the streets. It is beautiful and clean city - so unlike the other Middle Eastern countries to which I have been. The people there are extraordinarily friendly. The last pic in this entry is of one of the MANY peacocks that resided at the resort I went to in Jebel Ali. It was BEAUTIFUL resort - just a lot more expensive than I thought. But hey I needed the vacation!! The peacocks are beautiful but sound like cats in pain when they are disturbed - the noise got to me after a while!! One more post with pics... :)

No comments: