Saturday, January 27, 2007

Erbil

Everything is going great here in Erbil. It is so nice to be able to get out among the people and walk the streets and go to shops and cafes. You would hardly know you are in Iraq here. Today we went sightseeing to Dokan Lake, one of Iraq's great lakes and to Sulimaniya (i'm guessing on the spelling.) Dokan Lake was STUNNING. Surrounded by jagged mountains and rough landscape. I took a ton of pics and will post some as soon as I can. On our way out of Dokan we passed a buge mountain that was once crossed by Alexander the Great - Amazing. Suli was a busy city that has these AMAZING markets. We didn't buy anything but it was a feast for the senses just walking through them. Tomorrow we are going to the Citadel - i think its about 10000 years old and there are still people living there - so that should be pretty cool. That's about it. Everything here is great and I am so greatful for the opportunity to see other parts of Iraq and to actually get out in a safe city to see what life could be like in Baghdad one day. sorry for the lack of emails/phone calls but once i get back in Baghdad I'll get back on track with that. Miss you all heaps.

No comments: