Just an update - apparantly there are sandstorms in Baghdad today so the flight has been cancelled. We'll be in Erbil for at least another day. I'll let you all know when I return to Baghdad. Yesterday we went to the Citadel and the Erbil markets. The Citadel was really amazing. Up until a few months ago there were still people living in it. Now there is a museum that we walked through. Then we climbed up to the roof to get a beautiful view of Kurdistan. The markets were good as well. It really is so different up here - you don't feel like you are in Iraq.
Miss you all!
Monday, January 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Court-
Sounds like you are seeing some amazing things and doing some amazing things! I am so jealous yet so excited for you. I am glad to hear you are safe and doing well. Ev and I miss you tons and think about what you might be doing and hope you are safe. I can't wait to see the pictures - especially of Cairo. I can't believe your hotel was on the Nile. That's crazy. Anyhow, will write again soon. Miss you.
Jenny
Post a Comment