Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Pluggin' Away...

Sorry for the lack of posts but we have really settled into a routine here so now there is nothing really interesting to report. Things are still going very well & we are working really hard - going to lots of meetings and getting out memo's on requested topics. The work is good and I am really excited about all the things I'm learning and realizing how much politics can get in the way of making a real difference. That is frustrating. The PILPG Baghda team is having a blast w/ each other which is great since we are essentially with each other 24/7. Unfortunately, we will be down to 2 starting saturday but it will be good for me because it will force me to do more substantive things and allow me to present more at the meetings.

Our PSDs are all starting to rotate out for their 1 month leave and new guys are transitioning thru here daily on their way to/from home. We have met some fascinating ppl.

There is a small chance they have found my luggage so this is the last time I'm having the PSDs check so wish me luck!

Nothing else really to report! I miss you all and I hope all is well back home!

Happy Thanksgiving! (just in case i dont get back to this until after Thurs).

2 comments:

Robinita said...

HAPPY TURKEY DAY, COURT! ARE YOU GUYS HAVING ANY SORT OF THANKSGIVING FESTIVITIES THERE? I'LL BE SURE TO EAT EXTRA TURKEY FOR YOU JUST IN CASE!

MISS YOU,
ROBINITA

Anonymous said...

You are doing a great job with the postings - thanks for keeping us updated about YOU (even though the work stuff is interesting).

Happy Thanksgiving to you!!

John, Keston, my dad, and I are running the 5K on Thursday morning. The stakes are high - the boys are betting!!
I will definitely eat some extra turkey for you and some on my mom's macaroni and cheese - oops!! Did I say that out loud?

Love you much!!