Yesterday was our 1st full day in Iraq and we spent the whole day w/ the security guys. First up was going to the mess for breakfast. I'm going to get fat here if I dont find some healthy food to eat - they filled my plate w/ about 15 pieces of bacon, a buscuit and about 8 eggs worth of scrambled eggs. I barely made a dent in it but it was still ridiculous! Then we headed back to the villa to meet w/ our PSDs (personal security details)for more training for the procedure if we head into the red zone and how our body guards will react. We did this training at the Saddam parade grounds (i'll upload pics later) then got to take some pics and wandered all around the Union Soilders memorial, guided by an Iraqi national guardsman. After that we had lunch w/ the security guys then more intellegence briefings and a tour of the green zone. I am still very amazed at how small it really is. We had a our last round of intel and then a barbie w/ the boys. It was EXCELLENT!! We sat on the roof eating watching the helicopters fly by. They periodcially set off flares and it was a little like the 4th of July! ;) Pretty amazing to have all that going on while we're eating steak and drinking beer. We of course got back too late to do any work and the internet was down. These PSDs are amazing they ahve been soldiers, cops and PSDs all around the world and incredibly interesting and smart. Its been interesting to hear their views on the US mid-term elections and the resignation of Rumsfeld.
Anyway - today should be our 1st full day of work. I miss you all like crazy but I am really happy here and actually feel quite safe!
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment